There is great interest in Mindfulness practices these days, which has resulted in a wealth of materials becoming available on the web. Listed below are a few of our favorites.
In the News
Podcasts, MP3s, and Other Free Audio Downloads
- UCLA Mindful Awareness Research Center podcast
- Georgia Southern University Online Relaxation Exercises
- Jon Kabat-Zin leads a session on mindfulness at Google
- Mindfulness and Medicine at UC San Diego Center for Mindfulness: UC San Diego Center for Mindfulness Director Steve Hickman explains how the practice of mindfulness can alleviate the difficulties of life. He describes how stress can be alleviated with the systematic practice of living in the moment.
Books and CDs
- How to Train a Wild Elephant: And Other Adventures in Mindfulness by Jan Chozen Bays
- Mindfulness in Plain English by Bhante Henepola Gunaratana
Zafus, Zabutons, Meditation benches, pillows